- Guitar Repair Classes
- Guitar Kit Building Class
Custom Guitar Kit Assembly and Setup Class
Be part of this exclusive workshop! Build a custom guitar and learn the secret to a great playing guitar! Choose from any one of our high-end Custom Guitar Kits or a pre-drilled kit of your choosing. Build your very own vintage/modern custom guitar with confidence that it is properly assembled and setup to play its finest. We can further customize your guitar with custom pickup configuration routing and electronics.
With your registration and participation at the workshop, you will also receive a take-home Setup Guidebook outlining the setup portion of the class material in detail along with top manufacturers’ setup specs and more!
Assembly and Setup Class Overview
- Proper assembly of your Premium Custom Guitar Kit!
- Key points include correct neck pitch and alignment, bridge set, hardware placement and electronics
- Proper soldering technique
- Why, how & when to adjust the truss rod
- How to adjust your action on any style of guitar, spot on every time
- How to set intonation correctly
- How to set pickup height optimally
- Learn nut installation and correct nut filing technique
- Discussions on string gauge, playing style, guitar designs and how they effect your setup
- Top manufacturer’s setup specs & more (included in your take-home guidebook)
- All guitar setup questions answered!
Approx. 8 Hours
What you’ll need for the Custom Guitar Kit Assembly Weekend Class
- Your Premium Guitar Kit or a pre-drilled bolt-on kit with a parts checklist*
- Cloth, towel, or rag to set your guitar on (we’ll be using tables)
- Drill & drill bits
- Center punch
- Low tack masking tape
- Wrench set and/or crescent wrench
- Socket set can be handy but not mandatory
- Needle nose pliers
- Candle (wax), Crazy Glue
- 30w-40w Solder Iron (pencil style work best) with a brand new tip
- A small cellulose sponge for cleaning your solder iron
- Fine electronic grade (22 gauge/ .032″), 60/40 rosin-core solder
- Neck rest
- Electronic chromatic tuner w/patch cable
- New package of strings
- String winder
- Side cutter/wire cutter
- Automotive feeler gauge that measures in .001″ increments
- 6″ Steel ruler that measures in 64ths
- Multi-head screwdriver
- Your guitars’ truss rod wrench & saddle height adjustment wrenches
Hello how can I join this class?
Hi Johnathan, Thanks for the inquiry. Once public covid restrictions are far gone from our rear view mirror we will be able to resume with class planning & scheduling. Please sign up to the mailing list to be notified if you haven’t yet done so. Cheers, Jonny
I’m interested in guitar building and setup courses
Hi Liz, Thanks for the interest. I’ll add you to the guitar building and setup courses mailing list. Cheers!
I am very interested in the guitar building course, please inform me when it’s available…